Friday 3 October 2014

Are you Lucky?

Are you lucky? Are you among one of those fortunate persons who get what they want? Your answer must be naa...NO! Well if your answer is yes then please let me know, I shall be glad speaking to you :)

Coming back to where we started, I will share what I went through and why I thought of writing this post. Back in the childhood days when I was a little girl I used to dream a lot. Becoming a doctor was my lifetime dream and I knew nothing of how and why , I just wanted to be one. Quite a brilliant student I was, getting good grades and being ahead was my utmost priority. Things started to change as I start growing up. When I reached my 9th standard, I opted for Science (which was the first step towards my dream). But then when I was exposed to practicals, all I found was that this is not the thing I am good at. I cannot play with flesh and blood, not my type. I changed my subject and then I dreamt of being an engineer. Lol My childhood dream torn into pieces :p

Now that I am in my college phase people started asking me about my aim. I was being very proud telling them that I wanted to be an engineer. But again , I believe I was not that lucky to fulfill my dream. I started to get all sorts of negative vibes from everywhere around that this may be not the field for you. How will you work on sites. My mother became worried too, as we are a part of conservative society where people are more curious in others life then their's. So again I changed my dream.

This time I took admission in a university and started doing my majors in business. What a change, I was feeling like a guru...come and ask me about any field I will let you how it is.

Now I am a graduate and a gold medalist in Business Administration, and I am really proud of myself ,for what I learnt is really helping me a lot. Now when I look back, I wonder that everything that happened, actually turned out good for me. If it hadn't so, I would have been standing nowhere because during my studying phase I came across lots of problems and difficulties...be it financial, societal or whatever. But I was managing and fighting as I was able to mange them with my studies but if I were becoming a doctor then I don't think I could have done those things which now makes me proud.

Yes, I may not be one of those lucky persons who achieved their childhood dream but I am lucky enough to be someone I  and my loved ones can be proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment